The Merge Group™
🌩️ 5 Things to Do In Florida This Weekend - Hurricane Dorian Edition
Updated: Sep 5, 2019
If you happen to be in Florida this Labor Day Weekend, we've made a little guide to help you through it.
1. Create an emergency kit Essentials like first aid kits, flashlights, food, water, and iced coffee can be vital during a hurricane. In case of a power outage, external battery packs are cheap and easy ways to keep your phone charged so you can stay connected with family and friends.
(Note: Battery packs work 99% better when no one else around you knows that you have one - including family and friends.)
2. Know your exit route Having an evacuation plan is far more effective before the storm actually hits. Go figure. Click here to locate your local shelter - JSYK.
3. Take lots - and lots - of photos Before ominous clouds eliminate natural light entirely, take selfies photos of your home to document what it looked like before Dorian, in case you need to make an insurance claim.
(Note: Review your insurance coverage to know exactly what your provider will cover.)
4. Protect your valuables Round up important documents such as driver's licenses, birth certificates, passports, and insurance policies. Stick heirlooms and irreplaceable goods in waterproof containers in case Dorian invites itself inside.
5. Whip out a board game! (Remember those?) Enjoy an old-fashioned pastime by playing Risk from the comfort of your well-boarded home. Risk is a game of challenge and conquest that will give you a superficial sense of control inside as catastrophe befalls outside. Perfect for up to 6 players and best played 6 feet away from glass doors and windows.
But seriously - playing Risk is the only risk you should take when Hurricane Dorian hits. Stay dry. Stay inside. Stay alive.
🌟 BONUS 🌟
6. Continue your home search! Make the most of the holiday by continuing your home search this Labor Day. Browse listings online and then shoot us just 2 addresses you'd like to see, your availability, and we'll take care of the rest!
Have a great Labor Day weekend!